Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mamma Mia Rocks!

Jill Clark and I have been wanting to see Mamma Mia in Las Vegas for sometime now. Everytime that we go there we comment on how much we want to see it.

When we heard that it was being made into a movie we decided that we would go see it together. We finally got our crazy schedules to correspond today. We went to the first showing. We were not disappointed except that one of the main characters ends up being gay. That was the only thing that I objected too. I love Abba so it was great to hear their music. Yes I know that the story is built around their music. I thought the movie was cast very well and thought Meryl Streep did a fantastic job. I didn't know that she could sing. So if you love Abba at all, go see the movie. I now have to save my pennies so that I can buy the soundtrack!

2 comments:

Tony and Whitney said...

I can't wait to see the show. We saw it in SLC, and it was so much fun. . .almost like an ABBA concert! Glad you enjoyed the movie. I think I'll be seeing it by myself.

Tauna Isenhour said...

Hi this is Tami Hull's Sister in Law Tauna ( I saw your Mamma Mia up and I had to comment I hope you don't mind.) I went and watched it with my friends last week and I just loved it. It remeinded me of Moulon Rouge- where you get to see another side of the actors ( like that they can sing.) I have to agree with most people Pierce Bronson wasn't the best at singing, but he sure tried hard it was funny. My in- laws hated it because they said it wasn't ABBA singing. I have to disagree I think that is what makes it more fun. Yes Colin Farell being gay was disappointing at the end and un needed.-- Thanks for letting me post.. My friend hasn't seen the movie but she did buy the sound track and says it's amazing.