I read another blog that made me want to put down some of my memories from 2008. I did so much that it is hard to answer some of these questions, but this is a good place to start.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Watched my first live skeleton race (what a rush) and made my first trip to Houston, TX
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolution and will you make more next year? I do goals and a finished a couple of them and came close on a couple of others. Yes, I have already put them on paper and started.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Some of my cousins.
4. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? That is a hard one, not! A more clean house!
5. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory and why? my families birthdays, Nov. 4 (election) and the death of President Gordon B. Hinckley (I will miss his forthrightness and humor).
6. What was your biggest achievement of the year? taking my kids to my family reunion by myself and finishing the raft trip with as many as I started with.
7. What was the best thing you bought? Guitar Hero!!!!
8. Where did most of your money go? My mortgage and then to food and bills
9. What song will always remind you of 2008? Chiquitita
10. Compared to last year, are you happier or sadder? HAPPIER
11. What do you wish you'd done more of? study the scriptures, exercise, spend more time with my kids.
12. What do you wish you'd done less of? spending time frivolously!
13. Did you fall in love? more like strengthened it!
14. What was your favorite TV program? Bones or House
15. What was the best book you read? non scriptural would be the "Peace Giver"
16. What was your greatest musical discovery? Taylor Swift.
17. What did you want and did you get it? 1) don't think that I am allowed to share so , 2)To go to my family reunion and yes.
18. What did you do on your birthday and how old are you? Went to the Cheesecake Factory and I turned 39.
19. What was your favorite film of the year? Mamma Mia, then Twilight.
20. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? spending more time with my siblings and parents
21. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? very casual: dressy casual?
22. What kept you sane? Am I sane? that depends on the day!
23. What political issue stirred you the most? Proposition 8 and Abortion
24. Who did you miss? Tami and Mom
25. Who was the best new person you met? Kim Laursen!
26. What question made you laugh the hardest? "Do full moons really get women pregnant?" (guess you had to be there. It kept me laughing for weeks!)
27. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "So I wanna know, what's the name of the game?"
I really hope that 2009 is a great year for all with minimal regrets. Remember to live each moment to the fullest! Be in the moment not busy wishing for the next.